In recent times, data is more abundant than we can use. Every organisation is flooded with data about its processes, products, operations, customers, – everything. With more data about consumer behaviour, we will be able to make more accurate predictions. But, to do so, we need the right tools. That’s where Power BI comes in.
Power BI was deemed the most precise and comprehensive among the other BI tools because of its features. The market has a greater demand for professionals who have expertise in Power BI, resulting in higher salaries. Let’s check out what makes working with Power BI a great career option in this blog,
Power BI makes a potent tool to work with for business analysis. It can uncover great insights from your data. It also allows you to experiment with data, graphs, and visualizations. You can check out our blog to learn more about Power BI’s features and advantages.
- With Power BI, you can view, analyse, and visualise large quantities of data that you can’t see in Excel.
- With Power BI, you don’t need to reduce the size of your large datasets to analyse them.
- Furthermore, Power BI can give you the most granular details and summaries for your data analysis.
- Finally, no manual repetition is required because Power BI software remembers the data preparation steps and repeats them automatically when the data is refreshed.
- You can use all of these features to be more valuable and productive in your work environment.
- Multiple data connectors (over 70)
- Cheapest/most economical solution
- Dashboards with interactive visuals
- Easily available from anywhere
- Collaboration and data sharing
- Natural language search
Power BI Careers
Let’s start with the most searched query, which is the earnings of various job profiles in Power BI:
- Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Analyst – Rs. 9,28,556
- Senior Software Engineer – Rs. 7,85,636
- Power BI Analyst – Rs. 4,94,000
- Power BI Developer – Rs. 4,78,587
- Power BI Data Analyst – Rs. 4,42,864
- Power BI Software Engineer – Rs. 4,42,373
- Power BI analyst (IT) – Rs. 3,93,054
Companies that use Power BI
Here are a few of the top companies using Microsoft Power BI worldwide:
- Kraft Heinz Co (USA)
- Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC (UK)
- Meijer (USA)
- Conde Nast (USA)
- Hospital Montfort (Canada)
- Dell (USA)
India’s Power BI Job Market
India is the third-largest market for Microsoft Power BI users. Learn more about Education, Salary, Location, and Companies Using Power BI in India.
1. Educational Requirements
If you want to become a Power BI professional, you need to have a degree from one of the following schools.
2. Job Locations
India has many companies recruiting Power BI professionals. The following are India’s top cities and locations where you could land a job as a Power BI professional.
- Bengaluru/ Bangalore
- Hyderabad / Secunderabad
- Delhi/ NCR
The average salary for Power BI professionals is around Rs. 5 82,000 a year. Here are the different salary ranges at which companies recruit Power BI professionals based on their experience and skill:
- 0-6 Lakhs (beginner’s salary)
- 6-15 Lakhs (mid-level professional)
- 15-50 Lakhs (senior professional)
Top Companies using Power BI in India
Some of the leading companies recruiting Power BI professionals are listed below.
- Hexaware Technologies
- Wipro BPS
- Dell International
- Ernst & Young
- HCL Technologies
- Infosys BPO
- Syngene International
Power BI’s Demand
“According to Gartner’s Magic Quadrant 2019 for Business Intelligence, Power BI occupies the ‘Leader’ quadrant.”
With the backing of the Microsoft brand, Power BI has seen continuous growth in its customer base since its inception in 2015. As a result, power BI will continue to be a leading BI tool among its competitors, such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, etc. Therefore, you can always choose Power BI as a career path if you enjoy data analysis, creating graphs, charts, and visualisations, analysing reports, and discovering insights.
It is easy to see why Power BI is becoming popular with businesses looking for better insights, interactive dashboards, and rich reporting tools. Now is the time to take advantage of the many available tools and services to help you prepare for Power BI adoption and improve data insights across your organization. RIDM’s Power BI course can help you enhance your business intelligence skills and leverage your career.
Share this post :