Did you know: Almost 30 years ago, Neal Stephenson coined the term “metaverse” in Snow Crash. As he wrote it, he imagined avatars meeting in actual 3D buildings and other virtual reality environments, which are now commonplace.
Several digital marketers looking for a new gig or a change of direction are focusing on metaverse careers. However, as trends, platforms, outlooks, and landscapes change at warp speed in the digital world, so do the trends, media, viewpoints, and geographies.
Before we explore the jobs that could exist in the metaverse, let’s take a moment to consider what is necessary to pay attention to this bold new world.
What is the metaverse, and why should you care about it?
As per IANS, the metaverse is the convergence of digital experiences powered by Moore’s Law. Its goal is to create rich, real-time, and connected virtual and augmented reality environments so billions of people can collaborate and socialize in new ways.
With the rise of immersive technologies and the decline of traditional social media platforms like Facebook, connecting with consumers in a new, more personalized way will be essential to spark real engagement and offer a level of value that inspires loyalty.
To accomplish this, one must have a firm grasp of the metaverse and its possibilities. Moreover, marketers must realize that the metaverse isn’t just a passing trend but is likely to become the next big marketing trend soon.
In the metaverse age, what jobs will exist?
After embracing the metaverse mindset, let’s explore three jobs that will likely exist in this new immersive digital landscape.
1. Metaverse ecosystem manager (Average salary: INR 70 Lakhs per year)
According to experts, by 2024, the metaverse market is expected to be worth $800 billion.
While biggies like Mark Zuckerberg are investing enormous amounts of money in the metaverse. As a result, UX designers and marketing campaign managers with technical expertise could become ecosystem managers, tying together tools, concepts, and relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth, frictionless, and safe metaverse segments.
2. Metaverse storyteller (Average salary: INR 60 Lakhs per year)
A brand story is an essential component of content marketing, and there is more scope than ever for creating inspiring, immersive, and mind-blowing narratives in the metaverse.
3. Metaverse community manager (Average salary: INR 45 Lakhs per year)
Quite literally, the role of community and social media manager or executive will move to another dimension as extended reality touchpoints are explored and covered. By creating avatars and using virtual worlds, community managers can spark up conversations, act as brand tour guides, and offer a level of personalization that was once unimaginable.
How can I find jobs in the metaverse?
As you follow trends and news, analyze campaigns, concepts, and content of leading brands across industries, and test out tools, platforms, and games, you will get a full picture of how people want to interact with brands.
To get into the metaverse with a digital marketing mindset, you should take a course like RIDM’s Digital Marketing course.
Role of RIDM’s Digital Marketing Course
- It will be easier for you to find a job in the metaverse if you acquire new digital marketing skills before you start job hunting.
- Enrol in RIDM’s digital marketing course to become metaverse-ready and gain the skills to significantly boost your prospects.
- With RIDM’s Digital Marketing Certification, individuals maintain an air of initiative and are willing to contribute to the advancement of the company’s prospects in the future.
- We provide working professionals with hands-on marketing experience. We help trainees develop their competencies, expand their industry knowledge, and prepare for the future.
- In addition to working on real-time business problems and digital market simulations, students learn from experts in the field and receive personal mentoring and consultations from faculty.
As you can see, job opportunities and career paths are beginning to emerge within the metaverse economy. A digital marketer who embraces the metaverse early on and expands their skill set may be the one who wins.
Prepare yourself—the metaverse is coming—are you up for the journey?
Share this post :